Galloway Brothers Grain Elevator
Built in 1880, it is the oldest building still standing in Elsberry. The Galloway family acquired the property in 1940 after David F. Galloway had leased it for seven years. When brother Ralph joined in 1943, the name changed to Galloway Brothers. The mill was in operation until the death of Ralph in 2000. This building has played a vitally important role in the economy of the Elsberry and the surrounding rural area. The building is structurally sound but in need of cosmetic repair. The Galloway Family has had offers for the property that include destruction of the building, but would like to see it saved. They have given the local Elsberry Historical Preservation Society until April 2004 to come with a viable plan to restore the building and maintain it. The building is actually three years older than the town of Elsberry.