This directory is intended to help the general public find people with expertise in various aspects of historic preservation, be it planning, design, development, financing, tax credits, National Register nominations or accounting as well as museums, venues and other preservation or history-related organizations. The directory is made up of major donors to our organization and is intended to recognize these people and companies for their generosity to the cause of historic preservation in Missouri. It is NOT AN ENDORSEMENT of any of the companies or individuals mentioned.
We strongly urge you to obtain competitive bids and get references from contractors, etc. before the start of any building rehabilitation project.
Missouri State Parks — State Historic Preservation Office
The Missouri State Historic Preservation Office provides historic preservation services to the citizens of Missouri by administering the National Historic Preservation auto f 1966, as amended, The Missouri Historic Preservation Act of 1991, and other state statues. This includes:
- Funding surveys to identify and inventory buildings, sites, structures objects, and districts of historic importance to Missouri;
- Assisting property owners who seek to list their properties in the National Register of Historic Places;
- Helping communities who want to establish local preservation programs through the Certified Local Government program;
- Funding local governments and non-profit organizations to complete community preservation projects;
- Providing architectural preservation services to customers who seek technical advice for rehabilitating and retain the characteristics of their historic properties;
- Participating in the Section 106 review process;
- Developing and overseeing a statewide plan for historic preservation;
- Assuming responsibility for historic human remains that are not involved in a legal investigation and advising the public on the protection and preservation of historic burials;
- Reviewing permit applications for the salvage or excavation of shipwrecks meeting the criteria of the National Register of Historic Places; and
- Assisting the public in preservation outreach and education.