The links below are resources to help understand the tax credit program and tools to demonstrate how Historic Tax Credits have had an economic impact on the state of Missouri. Use them to educate yourself and your elected officials.
Tax Credit Basics:
- Missouri Historic Preservation Tax Credit, Basic Information
- Missouri Tax Credit Fact Sheet & Talking Points — March 2014 from AIJP
- Tax Incentives for Preserving Historic Properties (National Park Service)
- 2012 Rutgers Study: Economic Impact of Federal Historic Tax Credits
- National Trust: Economic Benefits of State Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- Dollar for Dollar, Historic Preservation Creates More Jobs and More Household Income than Manufacturing
- Historic Preservation as an Economic Stimulus Tool
- An Economic Analysis of the Missouri Historic Preservation Tax Credit — RCGA
Historic Preservation Tax Credits are NOT just for big cities. The economic benefits are felt in many places all over the State:
- Missouri Tax Credit Case Study — West Plains
- Missouri Tax Credit Case Study — Farrar
- Missouri Tax Credit Case Study — Cape Girardeau
- Missouri Tax Credit Case Study — Ironton
- Missouri Tax Credit Case Study — Lexington
Missouri’s Chief Tax Credit Lobbying Organization is Historic Revitalization for Missouri
See Missouri By the Numbers to learn more about our Parks and National Register Listings. Check out the yellow tool bar on the right.
It is important that you let your legislators know that you support the positive economic impact that the State Historic Preservation Tax Credits deliver in Missouri. Don’t know your legislator’s name or contact information? You can find it here.
Help Missouri Preservation continue to educate about the Historic Tax Credit. Become a member or donate today.